Check out Lesson 3, Five Senses, in our workbook, About Me!
This Christmas-themed activity is a perfect addition to your unit on the 5 senses, and it’s super easy to prepare!
What you need:
- Italian Seasonings
- Rosemary or pine needles
- Ground cloves or ground ginger
- Free Printable (print onto card stock if possible) spice art
What to do:
- Have your child explore his sense of smell by smelling different spices from your cupboard. Have him describe to you what each smells like, or reminds him of.
- Narrow the spices down to the four listed above and show your child the worksheet. Using his sense of smell, have him match the spice to the correct picture.
- Apply glue to a picture and sprinkle the correct spice onto it. Repeat with the remaining pictures.
Why we like it:
This activity not only exposes your child to different smells, but also has him identify where he has smelled those smells in everyday life. He learns about how spices affect our senses, through taste and smell. Your child can come back to this project and experience it repeatedly throughout the week!
Check out Lesson 3, Five Senses, in our workbook, About Me